Breaking news! NYSC releases timetable, requirements for 2017 Batch B orientation course
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has released the date for the Batch B stream 1 orientation course across the 36 states of the country and Abuja.
In a report published by NAIJ.com, the organisation said the course is scheduled to kick-off in all the NYSC orientation camps nationwide.
- Commencement of Registration: Tuesday 21st November, 2017
- Cut-off date for Registration: 12 midnight, Wednesday, 22nd November, 2017
- Swearing-In Ceremony: Thursday,23rd November,2017
- Official Closing Ceremony: Monday, 11th December, 2017
The statement mandated all prospective corps members slated for the 2017 Batch ‘B’ stream I orientation course to proceed to their respective camps as stated on their call-up letters.
Foreign-trained graduates are to report to the camp with their travelling passport for Identification as well as their transcript for verification. The report also stated that in the event of any loss of call-up letter, the member who collected the call-up letter from his/her institution is advised to obtain police report and sworn affidavit and thereafter, report to the Institution of graduation for further necessary action. In addition, all those who initially printed their call-up letters on-line can re-print the call-up letter as many times as they want in the case of loss.
The NYSC management also released requirements for registration of prospective corps members as follow:
- Original call-up letter or call-up letter printed on-line
- Statement of result endorsed by authorized officer with authentic signature.
- School identity card, including travelling passport for foreign-trained graduates.
- Medical doctors, pharmacists, physiotherapists and optometrists are to produce evidence of registration with their professional bodies.
- Prospective corps members should go to camp with functional account number and bank verification number (BVN) to facilitate online payment of entitlements.
- In addition, each prospective corps member MUST present certificate of fitness from a government or military hospital showing his/her health status before he/she will be registered and admitted for the orientation course.